With every new year, many people decide to make goals that they want to accomplish. At times, these goals may include reviewing our compensation and/or setting a target. So, how do we know what our compensation should be?
Here are a few resources that may help:
- Brent Ozar’s salary survey: https://www.brentozar.com/archive/2018/01/2018-data-professionals-salary-survey-results/
- Computer World’s IT Salary Watch: https://www.computerworld.com/category/it-salary-watch/
- Robert Half’s Technology and IT Salary Guide: https://www.roberthalf.com/salary-guide/technology
Why is it good to review your compensation periodically?
- To make sure you are being paid fairly in line with the market
- To set future goals and career paths as you explore compensation in your field